- How to deal with those annoying breast nodules?
- Children who eat breastmilk will be stronger on resistance
- Beware of treating rectal cancer as hemorrhoids
- Breast Cancer Screening is necessary for your health
- Diabetes is not only high blood sugar but also the risk of blindness!
- Can meningioma not have a craniotomy?
Chinese COVID-19 Vaccines
Chinese COVID-19 Vaccines under Phase III clinic trails. 5 vaccines in China have entered phase III clinical trials, and more than 60,000 people have been vaccinated without serious adverse reactions. It is estimated that by the end of 2020, the annual production capacity of China’s new crown vaccines will reach 610 million doses.
The five vaccines that have entered phase III clinical trials in China are developed by:
- China National Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd. (SINOPHARM)
- Beijing Kexing Zhongwei Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- PLA Academy of Military Sciences and CanSino Biologics
- Anhui Zhifeilongkoma Biopharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
COVID-19 vaccine’s types:
- Inactivated vaccines: Zhongsheng Wuhan by China National Pharmaceutical Group Corporation
- Inactivated vaccines: Zhongsheng Beijing by China National Pharmaceutical Group Corporation
- Inactivated vaccines developed by Beijing Kexing Zhongwei Biotechnology Co., Ltd.,
- Adenovirus vector vaccine developed by PLA Academy of Military Sciences and CanSino Biologics
- Recombinant protein vaccine developed by Anhui Zhifeilongkoma Biopharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Nearly 1 million Chinese people vaccinated for COVID-19
Chinese health institutions have vaccinated nearly 1 million Chinese with the new crown vaccine produced by China National Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd. (SINOPHARM Group), but the state-owned company has not yet provided reliable clinical evidence on the effectiveness of the vaccine.
After the Chinese government approved the emergency use of the new crown vaccine in July this year, people including Chinese staff abroad, government officials and students studying abroad were vaccinated with this vaccine from Sinopharm. In a statement, Sinopharm Group quoted Chairman Liu Jingzhen as saying that only a few individuals had mild symptoms and had not received a report of serious adverse reactions.
SINOPHARM said in a statement dated Wednesday that the company is leading the world in all aspects of vaccine development. But the company did not provide evidence of the effectiveness of its vaccine in ongoing international clinical trials.
As there are few infections in China, Chinese companies have to test the effectiveness of vaccines overseas. Western pharmaceutical companies are also recruiting subjects internationally.
Sinopharm previously stated that informal observations of people who did not participate in clinical trials proved that its vaccine is effective. Many people are vaccinated because they are going overseas.
The company said on Wednesday that construction personnel, diplomats and students from China to more than 150 countries in the world have not had a single case of infection after the vaccine was administered.
Sinopharm and other Chinese vaccine manufacturers currently have four vaccines in the late stage of clinical trials, participating in the global vaccine development competition.